March 6, 2009

The Best Cars Are the Ones You Can Read

I'm always on the look out for new and interesting uses (and misuses) of English on clothing, products, etc. I've shared my discoveries on this blog before. Here are three more:

In my neighborhood I saw a man exercising outside and he was wearing a jacket. On the back of the jacket was half a maple leaf split down the middle, and next to it the words "Fuckin' Freezing". First of all, I know that's not a good example of "Engrish", but it's worth mentioning. And secondly ... I want a jacket like that! That kicks ass.

And speaking of freezing, why is it still so damn cold? The days bounce back and forth between moderately sunny/cool, and skin-cutting ice wind. I want mother nature to make up her mind! Sometimes I wear a summer jacket and it's not enough, and other times I bundle up and wear winter gear, and I'm so hot I'm cooking.

I'm getting off topic. Sorry.

Another thing I saw, also in the neighborhood, was a bar called "Boobi Boobi". A bit misleading, since the place seems to have nothing to do with boobies. Not even Blue-Footed Boobies. What a rip.

And finally, I happened upon a car with odd text written on it recently. First of all, the car was orange, which is really out of place in Korea where all vehicles have the same colour palette of gray, dark blue, and grayish-blue. So, there was the bright orange car parked along the street with text written out on the hood at an angle. It read, "I will never stop drive. It's the reason for I exist."

Hardcore. I really hope the guy who owns that car, was the same guy with the "Fuckin' Freezing'" jacket. That would make my day.

1 comment:

cole d'arc said...

everyone in Winnipeg needs that jacket