April 6, 2008

The Plumber Dynasty

As an avid gamer I was worried about a bit of gaming news I heard recently. For the Xbox 360 a first person shooter called Battlefield: Bad Company will be making a handful of weapons in the game only available by paying extra. While I have no intention of playing this game one way or the other, it's still pretty lame. It's like game developers are testing the waters on what they can get away charging for. It would be like buying a Mario Bros game at full retail price, but having to fork out an additional ten bucks to unlock fire flowers.

And speaking of Mario, where is that franchise going to go? I mean...name wise. First off it was Super Mario Bros. and it was about two plumbers. Then Super Mario Land... they expanded and from there it became Super Mario World. Not just the land anymore, they decided to reach out and take the whole world. Later on down the road we have Super Mario Sunshine where the franchise claimed light itself. Now that the franchise has conquered the world, it's lands, and the sun, we have Super Mario Galaxy. Where can they possibly go from there?

I know you're thinking, "Super Mario Universe of course", and sure that makes sense, but then what? You think Mario will pack up his red overalls and retire? No! Nintendo will just have to continue to find ways the games can encompass more and more. Soon we might see Super Mario Matter, Super Mario Everything, and Super Mario Forever.

In my opinion I want to see the franchise back it up and find simpler themes and names. My personal favorite being Super Mario Spaghetti. Not only it is fun and humorous to say, it stays true to the character and it grabs one's attention. They should just re release Mario 64, call it Super Spaghetti Time Mario, but leave the game completely the same as its original version. Just include new box art and have every game come with a collectors Mario plate and coupons for free spaghetti noodles and sauce. And have the game encourage you to eat and play at the same time for maximum enjoyment.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm hungry and bored.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff... you know whats funnier... the law suit!! Thats my joke, copyrighted and pantend to myself. Ill sue you for royalties and your pants give me it its MINE >_<
I am above the law!