November 19, 2008

Nobody is Everywhere!

For the last two months I've been bombarded with a hit Korean single that has pretty much overloaded the airwaves in South Korea. It's a little diddy by the Wondergirls called "Nobody".

You know how sometimes you'll get a song stuck in your head, and for days or weeks on end it keeps repeating over and over in your head? Well, that isn't happening to me. Because this song is just perpetually playing everywhere all the time anyway! If I wasn't continuously hearing the song, it might actually get stuck in my head.

I turn on the TV, it's playing. I walk down the street, it's playing. I buy groceries, it's playing. I go to the mall, it's playing. At the gym, it's playing. When I stop to eat, it's playing. It's on everyone's phone, the radio, and all the kids are singing it. I heard it four times during one meal.

If you're interested in seeing and hearing what all the hoopla is about, you can view one of the many performances. Be sure to sing along with the only English words for the chorus:

"I want nobody, nobody but you (clap, clap)
I want nobody, nobody but you (clap, clap)"*

Just thought I'd share this music phenomenon with you. Remember, if it gets stuck in your head, the only cure is to listen to it nonstop.

*At this point you should clap your hands twice, and not give someone gonorrhea twice in a row.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The clapping part, as hard as it is, I get. But NOT giving gonnorhea? What's the point then?