March 20, 2010

Clean Up On Aisle 300

This marks the 300th post on this blog and I couldn't be happier. Not just because I feel like the proud father of 300 unusual children, but also because I'm pretty sure blogging really starts to become profitable after 300 posts ... right?

To commemorate the occasion I'll be spending the weekend reenacting scenes from the movie "300". You know, yelling while showing every tooth in my head, impaling foes in slow motion, kicking people down bottomless pits of despair.

Speaking of bottomless pits of despair, I went to Wal-Mart today. What is it about that store that leaves you tired and sick if you spend more that a minute inside? I think they must pump chemicals into the store's air system to make people feel hopeless just so they buy more stuff. "I feel like crap and the world sucks. I might as well buy these cupcakes and a TV. That'll make me feel better."

Also, a child become lost when I was there and they kept announcing it over the PA system. For some reason they kept calling it "Code Adam". I'm assuming that Adam was the name of a kid they never found, and they use it as a constant reminder of the dangers of operating a store that is larger than some towns.

I think it would be funny to tell the employees there that your child is missing, and when they ask you to describe what he looks like, you tell them that he's 18 years old and wearing a teletubbies shirt, suspenders, and carrying a frying pan. And when they ask you where was the last place you saw him, tell them it was at the beach last summer.

Anyway, enjoy the weekend. I'll be waiting by the mailbox for my blogging cheque.

No comments: