August 16, 2010

Monday Movie Challenge - Round I

Since I spend ample time on this blog talking about things that bother me, or things I hate, I also wanted to give some space to stuff I love. Movies!

I love movie, you love movies, who doesn't love movies? When inspiration strikes me, I like to make games about movies. Here's a recent one I made called "Movie That Name".

The way it works is that there are many movie titles with first and/or last names in them. I've taken these movies and combined the name from the title with the name of the actor or actress who plays that character in the movie. For example, in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective Jim Carrey plays the character Ace. So I could present that as the clue, Jim Ventura ... or ... Ace Carrey. Of course, that particular one is easy. The movie title doesn't have to have both first and last names, as another example the movie What about Bob? could turn into the clue Bob Murray.

So here are some other ones I've put together. See if you can solve them all. And feel free to comment if you've been stumped by one, or you have one that you think might stump me. Party on.
  1. Mike Powers
  2. Brad Black
  3. Buck Candy
  4. Robin Adams
  5. Erin Roberts
  6. David Roberts
  7. George Fox
  8. Ray Foxx
  9. Kevin Brooks
  10. Pam Brown
  11. Kevin Gale
  12. Matt Ryan
  13. Johnny Wood
  14. Mary Andrews
  15. Steve Murray
  16. Diane Hall
  17. John Cox
  18. James Smith






  • Mike Powers (Mike Myers in Austin Powers)
  • Brad Black (Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black)
  • Buck Candy (John Candy in Uncle Buck)
  • Robin Adams (Robin Williams in Patch Adams)
  • Erin Roberts (Julia Roberts in Erin Brokovich)
  • David Roberts (David Spade in Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star)
  • George Fox (George Clooney in Fantastic Mr. Fox)
  • Ray Foxx         (Jamie Fox in Ray)
  • Kevin Brooks (Kevin Costner in Mr. Brooks)
  • Pam Brown (Pam Grier in Jackie Brown)
  • Kevin Gale (Kevin Spacey in The Life of David Gale)
  • Matt Ryan (Matt Damon in Saving Private Ryan)
  • Johnny Wood (Johnny Depp in Ed Wood)
  • Mary Andrews (Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins)
  • Steve Murray (Bill Murray in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou)
  • Diane Hall (Diane Lane in Annie Hall)
  • John Cox (John C. Reilly in Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story)
  • James Smith (James Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington)
  • 8 comments:

    RyHoMagnifico said...

    Thank you, sir. You've managed to help lift the boredom this morning. This is a fantastic game!

    All I have to say is the last one is a dirty trick! "James" indeed...

    kingshearte said...

    I managed 8 of them. I feel like I basically know #14, too, but for some reason can't quite nab it.

    Also, although I know exactly who #1 is, for some reason, I'm drawing a complete blank on his last name. No wait, never mind. It just popped into my head. I feel better now.

    kingshearte said...

    OK, now I'm kicking myself about that #14. Amazingly enough, it's not even whatever the hell I was thinking. Oy.

    Anonymous said...

    Ryan, glad to know I've entertained. It's my life's effort. I didn't think the last one was a dirty trick, as much as it's just a bit more difficult. His name IS James, after all. Check IMDB. lol

    Kingshearte, if you hadn't figured out 14 I would have lost faith in you as a movie viewer. lol. I like this game because often times the answer is on the tip of your tongue and you see the name and know it and don't know it all at once. Don't give up, the others are still within reach...

    cole d'arc said...

    i win

    kingshearte said...

    I don't know... You watch a lot more movies than I do. Even when I started cheating, and using the power of the interweb to try and crack some of them, I couldn't make much progress.

    Your Brother said...

    Craig Incredible, Bagger Smith, Nicolas Rider, Lady Luddy

    Anonymous said...

    Craig T. Nelson in The Incredibles. Will Smith in Legend of Bagger Vance. Nicholas Cage in Ghost Rider.

    I have no idea what the last one is, but since you stepped outside the rules of the game it might be impossible. I may be able to forgive you, since you're my brother and all...