March 11, 2011

Perspective

Hey, I've just had a few lousy days weather wise here in Ottawa. Everyday has been snow, rain or a combination. Going outside is an ordeal, and I came to my blog to bitch about it accordingly. I even drew up some cartoons to illustrate the point.


Funny, huh?

Well, as I was uploading the pictures and getting ready to write a few sarcastic paragraphs, the news came on TV announcing a massive earthquake has hit Japan and they cut to some astounding footage of tsunami water washing across the land and decimating towns.

All day I've been griping with friends and coworkers about this rainy weather. I came online to complain about my feet getting wet, then I was utterly humbled by this serious catastrophe. To put it lightly, I feel like a pathetic whiny bitch.

Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of the big picture and how good things are in your life compared to the hardships people face.

1 comment:

cole d'arc said...

how dare you make light of the Japanese people's plight. you'll be hearing from my team of shrill lawyers, you insensitive clod.