April 30, 2011

Willy, Kat, and the Sea of Hats

Man, did you see that royal wedding thing on the television box? It was dang festive, it was. Sure it disappointed on some levels. There was no traditional fitting of the glass slipper, and not once did Queen Elizabeth whip her big hat into the crowd and wail on a guitar.

And where were the pyrotechnics? You're telling me they couldn't arrange some golden firework show, or even one exploding dove? For shame! I don't know much about these sorts of traditions, but where was all the spectacle of William and Kate entering Westminster Abbey on a bejeweled elephant while tuxedoed monkeys with sparklers do back flips?

Oh well. All in all it wasn't so bad. It's not very often you see something like this. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys watching 7 hour wedding ceremonies and hundreds of women wearing insane hats. Seriously, what was with the hats? Did these women all storm Lady Gaga's wardrobe?

I heard that you're going to the royal wedding?

Yes, I'm going to wear my meter-wide sun hat with the built in diorama.

Oh yeah, well I'm going to wear my scepter bonnet with a peacock glued to it.

Is that so, well I hear the Queen will be wearing her Omega hat with the plasma dome and lasers.

What a show off.

1 comment:

kingshearte said...

You're just jealous that fascinators aren't really part of North American culture, and that dudes don't really get to play even in Britain.