August 22, 2011

Monday Movie Challenge - Round IX

Today's movie challenge is called "Boring Movies". I didn't come up with this one myself, but instead heard it from a friend who had heard it from a friend, so the origins are unknown.

The idea is to describe a movie in a single brief line to make it sound as dull as possible. For example, the description "Girl goes for walk with her dog" could be for The Wizard of Oz. It's fun trying to make the most exciting of movies sound boring as hell. See if you can solve the ones below, and feel free to post your own in the comments.

1) Teenager borrows old man's car.
2) Man delivers package late.
3) Boy spills water on Christmas gift.
4) Homeless artist wins card game.
5) Janitor does some math.
6) Man waits for bus.
7) An animal park doesn't open.
8) Boy skips class to read book.
9) People stand on the roof for a while.
10) Kids walk across yard.

Stumped? Check below.



1) Back to the Future
2) Castaway
3) Gremlins
4) Titanic
5) Good Will Hunting
6) Forrest Gump
7) Jurassic Park
8) The Neverending Story
9) Tremors
10) Honey, I Shrunk the Kid

2 comments:

I Saw You Naked said...

1 - Back to the future
2 - Cast Away
3 - Gremlins
4 - ?
5 - ?
6 - Forest Gump
7 - Jurassic Park
8 - Never Ending Story
9 - ?
10- Stand By Me?

Shane said...

I'm impressed ... not that you saw me naked (I frequently enjoy a cool summer's breeze standing bare-ass at my open window), but because you've made some good guesses.

I added a link for the answers to ward off insanity.