October 31, 2011

Stupid Moon

Hello, fellow pumpkin fans, and Happy Halloween to you! Today I'm presenting a special Halloween/Horror themed comic that I've drawn to celebrate this holiday I love. The idea came to me a week ago and I've spent the last 5 days frantically writing and sketching to meet the end of month deadline. I used A4 printer paper and a BIC ballpoint pen as my medium, because I'm a never measure/cut once kind of guy.

It turned out to be maybe the biggest single project I've done for this blog, and I'm pleased with the results. I hope you enjoy reading it. 










3 comments:

Way to... GROW said...

I liked the parts with pictures
I did not like the parts with words, too much work, I gave up before the first page

cole d'arc said...

delightful! this only reenforces my fervor for us to collaborate again. i loved the old guy - would've liked to know more about him. if you ever re-visit this material for some reason, maybe you could do a flashback of him fighting some sort of supernatural forces. or...you know, just do something else.

wow, you really get some smartasses around here, huh?

Shane said...

Thanks, Cole. I'm glad you enjoyed the comic and the characters and I too wish I could have done more with the old man character. The truth is I only planned the story to take a few pages, but it quickly expanded and I realized even a short story makes for a shitload of drawing. I do like the idea of a re-visit to his character when he's younger. You may have given me an idea for next Halloween already.

And yes, I get the weirdest of smart-asses around here. Sometimes I'll get the most confusing comments and I wonder where I went wrong.