February 11, 2012

Man Meets Book

I went to get a bagel on my break at work. I was hungry, which is the case 92% of the time. I went to a nearby  cafe/ soup & sandwich shop. I was told that I could not have a bagel because, "Now we're making lunch."

Hmm. Well, I don't understand. Are you out of bagels?


No, but we've shut down the toaster and now we're serving sandwiches for lunch.


Uh ... what? 

Yes, it's a stupid thing to complain about, but why couldn't they sell me a bagel? It's not like I asked for hash browns and a Spanish omelet made with quail eggs. It's a piece of bread. You're already making sandwiches, why not just make me a round one? Oh, I'm sorry, you shut down the toaster. What was I thinking? God forbid you plug it back in. But what's the point, since you've already retired all the knives for the day.

Sometimes people just baffle me. Take this situation for example ...

I was at the grocery store the other day and was wandering aimlessly near the magazines when some guy approached me with this question: "Excuse me. What are these for?"

The man gestured to the racks filled with magazines and books.

I thought carefully before I spoke, because there was a good chance I had just been given a trick question by an undercover actor on some reality show I'd never heard of called Stupid Question Surprise Hour.

" ... They're for reading." I answered carefully. And the man seem satisfied with that, thanked me, and moved on. I assume he eventually left the store once someone taught him about "doors".

What are these books for? Really? That's like being asked what pencils do, or what stairs are for. Actually I've been asked that last question before, but from a little kid. Completely baffling questions are to be expected from children without fully developed brains. I don't expect them from middle aged men in the supermarket.

1 comment:

Sam Landry said...

Lol very funny shane :P

go see my website

www.meilleurssitesweb.info :P