September 2, 2007

Arrived!

I've finally made it back to Canada, and after a good nights sleep I feel somewhat closer to human than I did upon touching down at Halifax Airport. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: That flight is a trial of human endurance.

If I could describe air travel in two words it would be "engulfing stress", so it didn't help when I watched luggage being destroyed at Toronto Airport. While I was making my connecting flight I had to claim my baggage and then pass it along to the next flight. First off, that pisses me off right there. Thousands of dollars for plane tickets, and enumerable security and tracking systems, yet they couldn't just direct my bags to my connecting flight.Everything is tagged and marked. Just pass it along!

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, destroyed luggage. When I went to pick up my bags at the baggage claim conveyor belt, so many bags had come out and filled the belt that they began pressing together and crushing one another. The most distressing part was that there was a worker on top of the conveyor system at the controls...doing nothing. I watched a large hard plastic suitcase shatter apart, and others crack and groan as they bent and folded together. I have no idea what that guy was thinking. When suitcases are bursting open like squeezed eggs, it's time to stop the flow of bags and do something.

Anyway, enough about that. I'm here and already the stress has washed away. Time to get back to drawing.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Welcome home padre. Be seeing you shortly.

Anonymous said...

I thought Canada smelled funny all of a sudden...

Unknown said...

cause.. its canada!! hahaha
Welcome back to canada...