October 13, 2008

Behold the Optical Kings Upon Their Emerald Thrones

I recently got a new set of prescription lenses for my glasses after a long long period of not being able to see far away, and convincing myself that there's nothing worth seeing over there anyway. (Look out! A bus!)

I waited so long that I'm reminded of the words of comedian Brian Regan: "I just got new glasses after six years. You ever wait that long? How can instantly improved vision not be at the top of your to-do list? Meh ... I'll see tomorrah."

That's pretty much the situation. I must say, this whole 'seeing' thing is really top notch. Why the hell did I wait so long? Probably because of the price. In Canada when I asked about the cost of new lenses, the woman told me it would cost up to $400.

"Will they be made of crystallized eagle tears?" I asked her.

"No." She said from her small mountain of gold coins.

Well, what's the use of being able to see, if you have to walk around in a paper bag? So I waited until I arrived in Korea, and got new lenses for $60. And it only took a couple hours to get them. Awesome.

Procrastination ... it saves.

No comments: