July 20, 2009

Let us Feast!!!

Today marks my fourth birthday in Korea. Wow. Time flies. Well, since my birthday is normally celebrated around the globe (the globe in my mind), I hope everyone has a better than usual Tuesday.

Thanks to my kind and generous coworkers and boss I was bestowed with gifts of wine and cherries. A three pound box of dark sweet cherries. With gifts that luxurious, I think I'll spend the day lying in a reclined position drinking wine from a goblet while a wench feeds me cherries and a leg of mutton. How kingly I shall be.

I made a surprising discovery recently. My grandmother also has a birthday in July and she just turned 83 (Go Nans!). My birthday is today and I've turned 26 (Go me!). The interesting thing is that I was born in 1983 and she was born in 1926. Coincidence? Omen? Glitch in the Matrix? You be the judge.

Fun fact about my grandmother: She one stabbed a pirate in the neck because he stood in front of the TV when her soaps were on. Just saying. Don't mess with her.

3 comments:

Sam said...

I think I read about your birthday on this North Korean news site:

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

They mentioned your resplendence in the matter of paper folding and postulated that your big red spiky paper hole to nowhere was in fact a representation of the dauntless and inspirational asshole of the Eternal President Kim Il Sung.

Nice work Patterson.

Happy Birthday.

cole d'arc said...

ive gone back in time to wish you happy birthday at the right moment. then i punched my past self in the face.

Anonymous said...

The space time continuum forgives you. lol