July 19, 2009

Perspiration Nation

One thing I can't understand about Seoul is the abundance of saunas. They are all over the place. There's one in the building where I work, on the same floor, and another in the basement too.

What boggles me is not that people want to cleanse their systems with a little spa visit, it's that the summer weather is already insanely humid and hot. You can get your sweat on anywhere, so I don't see the point in going to a sauna. I've seen people sweating profusely on their way to the sauna, so I can't figure out the point. Is sweating more enjoyable when you have to pay for it?

It makes about as much sense as being in Canada in the winter and then paying to hang out in a giant freezer.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Yeah you are right loll too funny ;p

kingshearte said...

Maybe it's so they can tell themselves that they're hot and sweaty due to a conscious choice, instead of simply being at the mercy of the weather. Yay for a false sense of control!