January 12, 2007

A Double Dose of Poem

Early today I realised that I haven't written a limerick in far too long. I feel it's one of the greatest ways to express oneself, and a great creative exercise. Another great way to express oneself is by screaming and running bare-assed down a busy street. I've never been a runner, so here's a limerick:

I'm worried about children today,
Who don't try to go out and play,
They dare not leave home,
Without clutching cellphones,
And they trade baseball cards on Ebay.

Yeah, there you have it. I know the joke is dated, but I had to make it rhyme and I didn't want to go with 'Which I find most incredibly gay' as a punchline. Here's another limerick at no additional cost, because if I didn't include one that contained some manner of bawdy or violent joke, then that would be nothing short of lame.

Two mapmakers - Vincent and Slater,
Used to argue 'bout which was the greater.
Said Vincent, 'You wimp!
Your Peninsula's limp!'
And was then punched below the equator.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That last one was AWESOME...but yeah, the first one was lame, you should starve yourself for four days because of it...
There once a guy named John,
Who went to talk to Ron,
But a big wind blew,
And off he flew,
And soon poor John was gone.