January 3, 2007

A Dress Made of Mulch

I can't really understand why I enjoy some reality shows, but I do. I've always been against their stupidity, yet some are fascinating despite the asinine setup. Like 'Project Runway'. I don't follow fashion, I don't buy new fashionable things, I ignore fashion shows, publications, etc...but...somehow that show is compelling.




There's just something interesting about vain and talented people being forced to compete in really difficult challenges while they all hate each others guts. I'm waiting for an episode where they are given 12 hours to make a dress out of soiled underwear. Then tension builds, hatreds grow, and someone has a sewing machine hurled their way.That's raw television right there.



2 comments:

Sam said...

The dude with the scarf and hat is awesome. He reminds me of this asshole on one of those late night date shows when we were in Junior High— his name was Pepe, and he was "really into" wallpaper design.

Anonymous said...

What the fuck do you have against wallpaper design mother fucker?