January 29, 2007

Point and Click

Readers should be aware that drawings and updates for this blog may decrease slightly for a week or so because I have recently broken a finger. Well, I'm exaggerating, I didn't break my finger, but it is injured enough that a doctor wrapped it in bandage with a splint, so making use of my hand is an awkward ordeal at best.

Now how can I point at strangers and laugh uproariously? How will I finger paint, test the direction of the wind, do the 'wink and the gun', pick up wet pennies off the floor, or rub my finger across dusty mantles and scoff at the maid? And don't say I should use my other hand! This is the index finger of my alpha hand; the writing/ drawing/ wiping hand. (Even now I'm typing with one hand and one elbow.)

Anyway, instead of just revealing how it happened. I offer multiple choice. Play the game: "How I Hurt Myself"

A) I had a fight with a brown bear in an airplane over a girl. Luckily I was able to eject the bear from the aircraft, but not before he struck me in the finger with his powerful forepaws.

B) I was water skiing and hit a rogue wave, wiped out on an Indo-Pacific Bottlenose dolphin and got my finger lodged in its blowhole. The dolphin thrashed in panic and injured my finger.

C) While playing some basketball with strangers, I misjudged my skills and the trajectory of a pass to me. Instead of it landing gracefully in my hands so I could perform a layup, I flailed my hands out like a fat kid rushing for the last marshmallow square, and let the ball smash into my finger instead.

The lines are open, submit your answers now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I know that you are like Steven Colbert...and hate bears. But you also would never go near one. And you're like me, and hate sports or sweating...so I choose the dolphin/blow hole story. You putting your fingers in strange new orafices is nothing new.

Sam said...

Bears do indeed have powerful forepaws and superior battle strategy, especially when compared to their natural enemy— sharks— who everyone knows are complete idiots...

My vote goes with the undisclosed option: you tried to "dung-chip" a giant bronze Buddha statue and bend your "poking" finger back.