August 3, 2007

Mitch & Roland: #27 Coffee

Coffee. It's the liquid that fuels us all. I've never been a big java-ite, but I see the appeal. Strangely I find the smell of coffee beans much more enjoyable that the taste of the basic drink they bring us. But add some more ingredients and sweet bits and now you're talking. Caramel Macchiato everyone, get with the program.

On Thursday a student excitedly told me that he had drunk coffee the previous day. He informed me that he made it with five 'big spoons' of coffee, five 'big spoons' of sugar, and one spoon of salt. I asked him why on earth he would put salt in his coffee and he explained that it had been 'very much sweet', making gestures like he had eaten something spicy.

That made me laugh. "Ah, too sweet, this needs salt. Oh man, now it's too salty, this needs more sugar."



2 comments:

Sam said...

I suppose we should be thankful he didn't put gochujang in his coffee.

Anonymous said...

Did you just solve the mystery of what those incoherent lyrics in that song are?? I could have swore it was "revved up like a douche, another roller in the night"..hmm...